Assigning to people

hrios
Hi all,

I'm trying to use pull requests in SmartGit 6 for Windows (I'm on W8 64 bit in a VMWare VM on a Macbook Pro 2013 Host).

The documentation here: http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/review indicates that we can assign pull requests/commits to people. How do I do this within SmartGit?

Re: Assigning to people

SmartGit mailing list
> The documentation here: http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/review indicates
> that we can assign pull requests/commits to people. How do I do this within
> SmartGit?

Have you already configured users using Review > Configure > Edit Users (the list of users should have been populated when initializing the Distributed Reviews)?

Then you should be able to set Assignees when creating a pull request or you may right-click a Pull Request and invoke Assign.

The screencast covers assigning of users, too:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8eSjN3B6lm0?vq=large&autoplay=1

08/20/2014 10:40 - hrios [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to use pull requests in SmartGit 6 for Windows (I'm on W8 64 bit
> in a VMWare VM on a Macbook Pro 2013 Host).
>

> The documentation here: http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/review indicates
> that we can assign pull requests/commits to people. How do I do this within
> SmartGit?

Re: Assigning to people

hrios
That makes sense. However, that option is not available in my SmartGit. Here’s a screenshot: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/d5c04579-4663-45e4-8dcd-d177fa74dac0/5ebba05263756d6deafc7a662b9c527a

I am using SmartGit:

Version: 6.0.5 (build #3150)
Build Date: 2014-08-18
Java Version: 1.7.0_45-b18

Cheers,

{
    “name": "Hector Rios",
    "title": “Polymath"
}

> > that we can assign pull requests/commits to people. How do I do this within
> > SmartGit?
>
> Have you already configured users using Review > Configure > Edit Users (the list of users
> should have been populated when initializing the Distributed Reviews)?
>
> Then you should be able to set Assignees when creating a pull request or you may right-click
> a Pull Request and invoke Assign.
>
> The screencast covers assigning of users, too:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/embed/8eSjN3B6lm0?vq=large&autoplay=1

> Marc Strapetz
>

> 08/20/2014 10:40 - hrios [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >

> > I'm trying to use pull requests in SmartGit 6 for Windows (I'm on W8 64 bit
> > in a VMWare VM on a Macbook Pro 2013 Host).
> >

> > The documentation here: http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/review indicates
> > that we can assign pull requests/commits to people. How do I do this within
> > SmartGit?

Re: Assigning to people

That makes sense. However, that option is not available in my SmartGit.
Here’s a screenshot:  Evernote Snippet
<https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/d5c04579-4663-45e4-8dcd-d177fa74dac0/5ebba05263756d6deafc7a662b9c527a>
.

I am using SmartGit:

Version: 6.0.5 (build #3150)
Build Date: 2014-08-18
Java Version: 1.7.0_45-b18

Re: Assigning to people

SmartGit mailing list
> That makes sense. However, that option is not available in my SmartGit.
> Here’s a screenshot:  Evernote Snippet
> <https://www.evernote.com/shard/s6/sh/d5c04579-4663-45e4-8dcd-d177fa74dac0/5ebba05263756d6deafc7a662b9c527a>

This is a GitHub repository and you have GitHub pull requests. I was referring to SmartGit's Distributed Reviews. AFAIK, you can't assign GitHub pull requests to someone.