Quantcast

Changing SmartGit's $HOME

SmartGit mailing list
SmartGit uses the root of my home drive. There's a bash file, a git file, viminfo, etc. The problem is the home drive is a network drive. This is a problem when I am not in the office.

 A dialog appears saying "Possible refresh performance problem." I don't want to change the environment variable HOME. I would follow the "if not possible" suggestion, but it's not making sense to me. The "e.g." makes it sound like I should set the smartgit.executable.home property to that suggested value. Or, do they mean that would be the file where I specify the smartgit.executable.home property?

 If they are suggesting changing the property in the .properties file, what should the entry look like? Like this?
 smartgit.executable.home=c:/Documents and Settings/kmiller/App Data/syntevo/SmartGit/7

 Will setting this automatically change the HOME drive for all the apps SmartGit uses? Or, do I need to configure git separately for example?

Re: Changing SmartGit's $HOME

SmartGit mailing list
> The "e.g." makes it sound like I should set the smartgit.executable.home
> property to that suggested value. Or, do they mean that would be the
> file where I specify the smartgit.executable.home property?

I've tried to make this clearer in the documentation, see new section "smartgit.executable.home":

http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/documentation/6.5/show?page=system-properties

> Will setting this automatically change the HOME drive for all the apps SmartGit
> uses?

Interesting point. For version 6.5, the custom HOME will only affect Git when invoked directly by SmartGit. For version 7, we will add HOME to all Tools invoked from within SmartGit, too.