Clone branches not cloned initially

When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.

Now i want to clone other branches.

Is there a way to o so?

Luiz

Re: Clone branches not cloned initially

SmartGit mailing list
> When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.
>
> Now i want to clone other branches.
>
> Is there a way to o so?

You may use Fetch More from the context menu of the corresponding remote (Branches view).

12/06/2014 11:40 - luiz americo pereira camara [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.
>
> Now i want to clone other branches.
>
> Is there a way to o so?
>
> Luiz

Re: Clone branches not cloned initially

SmartGit mailing list
I tried and got:

"There are no more remote branches to fetch"
All branches that are present in remote branch are already locally present
as well

This is the repository https://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git

Attached the image of the branches view

[hidden email]>:

> > When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.
> >
> > Now i want to clone other branches.
> >
> > Is there a way to o so?
>
> You may use Fetch More from the context menu of the corresponding remote
> (Branches view).

> Marc Strapetz
>

> 12/06/2014 11:40 - luiz americo pereira camara [hidden email]
> [smartgit] wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.
> >
> > Now i want to clone other branches.
> >
> > Is there a way to o so?
> >
> > Luiz

Re: Clone branches not cloned initially

SmartGit mailing list
> I tried and got:
>
> "There are no more remote branches to fetch"
> All branches that are present in remote branch are already locally present
> as well
>

> This is the repository https://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git

Thanks, I could reproduce that. The problem is that .git/config contains:

[remote "origin"]
  url = git://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git
  fetch = refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master

and Fetch More will only list heads which are matching the refspec-source "refs/heads/master". I've now changed that to match "refs/heads/*" instead. Would you please confirm that the latest build works for you? Help > Check for Latest Build

12/06/2014 13:20 - luiz americo pereira camara [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> I tried and got:
>
> "There are no more remote branches to fetch"
> All branches that are present in remote branch are already locally present
> as well
>

> This is the repository https://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git
>

> Attached the image of the branches view

> [hidden email]>:
>

> > > When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.
> > >
> > > Now i want to clone other branches.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to o so?
> >
> > You may use Fetch More from the context menu of the corresponding remote
> > (Branches view).

> > Marc Strapetz
> >

> > 12/06/2014 11:40 - luiz americo pereira camara [hidden email]
> > [smartgit] wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When cloning a repository, i selected to clone only the master branch.
> > >
> > > Now i want to clone other branches.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to o so?
> > >
> > > Luiz

Re: Clone branches not cloned initially

SmartGit mailing list
Works fine.

Many thanks

Luiz

[hidden email]>:

> > I tried and got:
> >
> > "There are no more remote branches to fetch"
> > All branches that are present in remote branch are already locally
> present
> > as well
> >

> > This is the repository https://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git
>
> Thanks, I could reproduce that. The problem is that .git/config contains:
>
> [remote "origin"]
> url = git://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git
> fetch = refs/heads/master:refs/remotes/origin/master
>
> and Fetch More will only list heads which are matching the refspec-source
> "refs/heads/master". I've now changed that to match "refs/heads/*" instead.
> Would you please confirm that the latest build works for you? Help > Check
> for Latest Build

> Marc Strapetz
>
> 12/06/2014 13:20 - luiz americo pereira camara [hidden email]
> [smartgit] wrote:
>
> > I tried and got:
> >
> > "There are no more remote branches to fetch"
> > All branches that are present in remote branch are already locally
> present
> > as well
> >

> > This is the repository https://github.com/blikblum/jcl.git
> >

> > Attached the image of the branches view

> [smartgit] <

> branch.

> > > You may use Fetch More from the context menu of the corresponding
> remote
> > > (Branches view).
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > > Marc Strapetz
> > > syntevo GmbH
> > > http://www.syntevo.com
> > > http://blog.syntevo.com

> branch.

Re: Clone branches not cloned initially

> Works fine.

OPS.

When i clicked in Branches windows in origin/[my new fetched branch] and
choose to checkout in a new local branch i get the following error:

Checkout Branch: Cannot setup tracking information; starting point
'origin/compilation_fixes' is not a branch.
$ git.exe branch --no-track compilation_fixes
refs/remotes/origin/compilation_fixes
$ git.exe branch --set-upstream-to=origin/compilation_fixes
compilation_fixes

Luiz