Conflict manager?

waltw87
Hi again, I wanted to ask if there was a specific conflict manager, or more specifically why I need to explicitly select Working Tree vs HEAD in the Changes button's popup to resolve conflicts when a merge goes awry.

This works for now, but that popup box makes me wonder if perhaps I'm missing something.

Thanks,
-Walt

Re: Conflict manager?

waltw87
Alright, just found the Query -> Conflict Solver.  My recommendation would be to have the "Changes" button's caption change to "Conflicts" when a conflicted Index State file is selected, and its default action would be to open this dialog instead.  The Changes dialog can still be accessed through Query -> Show Changes, so it's not removing the capability, just putting the conflict solver more up-front.  Ctrl+M should probably be changed similarly.

-Walt

--- In [hidden email], "waltw87" <waltw87@...> wrote:

> Hi again, I wanted to ask if there was a specific conflict manager, or more specifically why I need to explicitly select Working Tree vs HEAD in the Changes button's popup to resolve conflicts when a merge goes awry.
>
> This works for now, but that popup box makes me wonder if perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> Thanks,
> -Walt

Re: Re: Conflict manager?

syntevo Support
Next time you have a conflicting file, please double click it.

"waltw87" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Alright, just found the Query -> Conflict Solver.  My recommendation would be
> to have the "Changes" button's caption change to "Conflicts" when a conflicted
> Index State file is selected, and its default action would be to open this
> dialog instead.  The Changes dialog can still be accessed through Query ->
> Show Changes, so it's not removing the capability, just putting the conflict
> solver more up-front.  Ctrl+M should probably be changed similarly.
>
> -Walt
>
> --- In [hidden email], "waltw87" <waltw87@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hi again, I wanted to ask if there was a specific conflict manager, or more specifically why I need to explicitly select Working Tree vs HEAD in the Changes button's popup to resolve conflicts when a merge goes awry.
> >
> > This works for now, but that popup box makes me wonder if perhaps I'm missing something.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Walt

Re: Conflict manager?

waltw87
Fair enough; what about modifying the "Changes" button though?  Double clicking's obviously faster, but it's not always the obvious thing to do - apparently, anyway.

--- In [hidden email], syntevo Support <smartgit@...> wrote:

> Next time you have a conflicting file, please double click it.

> "waltw87" <waltw87@...> wrote:
>
> > Alright, just found the Query -> Conflict Solver.  My recommendation would be
> > to have the "Changes" button's caption change to "Conflicts" when a conflicted
> > Index State file is selected, and its default action would be to open this
> > dialog instead.  The Changes dialog can still be accessed through Query ->
> > Show Changes, so it's not removing the capability, just putting the conflict
> > solver more up-front.  Ctrl+M should probably be changed similarly.
> >
> > -Walt
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], "waltw87" <waltw87@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi again, I wanted to ask if there was a specific conflict manager, or more specifically why I need to explicitly select Working Tree vs HEAD in the Changes button's popup to resolve conflicts when a merge goes awry.
> > >
> > > This works for now, but that popup box makes me wonder if perhaps I'm missing something.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Walt

Re: Re: Conflict manager?

syntevo Support
Changing the toolbar button's name is not possible at the moment and - if it
would be - could cause unexpected jumping, because the toolbar button's size
depends on the text and font and operating system. Independent of this, each
toolbar button requires a belonging menu item, so we would need another one
which would do the same as an already existing one.