Fast-Forward Merge on active branch leaves items staged

Fast-Forward Merge on active branch leaves items staged

SmartGit mailing list
What happend:

 SmartGit 6.5 rc1

I was on my master branch did a fetch and it found one new commit in both my develop and master branch (I'm using Git-Flow) I right clicked on the develop branch and choose "Fast-Forward Merge" all when well. I right clicked on my Master branch and choose "Fast-Forward Merge" it appears to have done the merge but it left all the new documents that it merged staged as well.

 If I'm not on the branch when I do the "Fast-Forward Merge" it doesn't do this.

Re: Fast-Forward Merge on active branch leaves items staged

SmartGit mailing list
> I was on my master branch did a fetch and it found one new commit in both my
> develop and master branch (I'm using Git-Flow) I right clicked on the develop
> branch and choose "Fast-Forward Merge" all when well. I right clicked on my Master
> branch and choose "Fast-Forward Merge" it appears to have done the merge but it
> left all the new documents that it merged staged as well.

Thanks for reporting this problem. The check for HEAD in ff-merge.sh was wrong. This should be fixed now in the latest build. Would you please confirm? Help > Check for Latest Build

> What happend:
>

>  SmartGit 6.5 rc1
>

> I was on my master branch did a fetch and it found one new commit in both my
> develop and master branch (I'm using Git-Flow) I right clicked on the develop
> branch and choose "Fast-Forward Merge" all when well. I right clicked on my Master
> branch and choose "Fast-Forward Merge" it appears to have done the merge but it
> left all the new documents that it merged staged as well.
>
>  If I'm not on the branch when I do the "Fast-Forward Merge" it doesn't do this.

Re: Fast-Forward Merge on active branch leaves items staged

SmartGit mailing list
This is working fine in 6.5 rc 2 (build #4103) Thanks.