Feature request: "Files view" possibility to show as tree view

Feature request: "Files view" possibility to show as tree view

Ingo Bartel
Hello,

i really like smartgit as a replacement for the web ui from github. I use it to review pull requests. It would be great if i can see the files in the pull request in a tree like structure instead of a flat list.

Thanks,
Ingo

Re: Feature request: "Files view" possibility to show as tree view

WORMSS
Bump.. 'seems the message was not picked up by the mailing list'

Re: Feature request: "Files view" possibility to show as tree view

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Ingo:

> It would be great if i can see the files in the pull request in a tree like
> structure instead of a flat list.

I guess, you mean to offer the ability to show the files in the Log's Files pane optionally in a tree structure, right? How do you define "tree like structure" - like in SmartGit's main window with a tree structure for directories and a table for the files/submodules? Or everything fixed in one tree with columns?

PS: thanks Colin.

11/03/2014 12:00 - WORMSS [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Bump.. 'seems the message was not picked up by the mailing list'

Re: Feature request: "Files view" possibility to show as tree view

Ingo Bartel
Hello Colin,

> I guess, you mean to offer the ability to show the files in the Log's Files pane optionally in a tree structure, right?
> How do you define "tree like structure" - like in SmartGit's main window with a tree structure for directories and a
> table for the files/submodules? Or everything fixed in one tree with columns?

Yes pretty much like the main view but i also would include the files in that tree (not a separate view like in the main view). Also nice would be to have buttons to expand or collapse the whole tree.

Reason behind that is that for pull requests with more files (ie. 20+) you often want to review them more in context of the structure (ie. multiple files in a package in for java projects) sometimes just having the file name missing some context or even worse some names could be duplicate where finding the path is not that intutive right now.

Thanks for repsone,
Ingo