Feature request: show local repo status for all favorites

Feature request: show local repo status for all favorites

SmartGit mailing list
I have a small number of repos selected as favorites, so SmartGit
queries the remote repo to see if the local repos are behind in commits.
  Very handy feature, thanks.

However, SG currently doesn't display any indication in the Repositories
panel if any local repo is behind on commits compared to the remote
repo.  So, I have to click on each one, and then look in the Branches
panel to see if my local repo is behind.

A helpful feature would be to give some indication in the Repositories
panel for each favorite repository.  Now the question is, should the
indicator just reflect the selected branch, or any branch?  I'd suggest
the selected branch, since that is what is currently of primary interest
to the developer.  As to the contents of the indicator, you could re-use
what you currently show in the Branches panel, e.g., "<6".  If you
choose to identify if *any* branch is behind on commits, then simply
show a down-arrow.

Thanks.

--
Guy Rouillier

---

Re: Feature request: show local repo status for all favorites

SmartGit mailing list
> However, SG currently doesn't display any indication in the Repositories
> panel if any local repo is behind on commits compared to the remote
> repo.

The green arrow exactly indicates whether there are incoming commits for the current branch.

> I'd suggest the selected branch, since that is what is currently of
> primary interest to the developer.

I agree and this is how it currently works.

> As to the contents of the indicator, you could re-use
> what you currently show in the Branches panel, e.g., "<6".

Unfortunately we don't get this information from "git ls-remote", we just get the information on whether branches are identical or not.