Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

 As an open source developer (AssertJ http://joel-costigliola.github.io/assertj/index.html), I deal with lot of remote repositories (more than 30 !), it would make my life easier if the remote repositories list was sorted in the branch view (log window), I would spend less time finding where new pull requests are.

 The sort would only be for the remote branches, except for origin that I would like to keep as the first remote branch, basically something like :

 - HEAD
 - Pull Requests
 - Local Branches
 - Origin
 and then sorting the remaining remotes branches

 - Alix

 - Bernard
 - Dane

 I haven't found the settings to do so, if it does not exist can this UI improvement can be added ?

 Cheers,

 Joel Costigliola

Re: Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

SmartGit mailing list
Err, for me the (remote) branches below origin ARE sorted alphabetically. Maybe you have configured the sorting by commit time in the preferences (page User Interface)?

> Hi,
>

>  As an open source developer (AssertJ
> http://joel-costigliola.github.io/assertj/index.html), I deal with lot of remote
> repositories (more than 30 !), it would make my life easier if the remote
> repositories list was sorted in the branch view (log window), I would spend less
> time finding where new pull requests are.
>

>  The sort would only be for the remote branches, except for origin that I would
> like to keep as the first remote branch, basically something like :
>
>  - HEAD
>  - Pull Requests
>  - Local Branches
>  - Origin
>  and then sorting the remaining remotes branches
>
>  - Alix
>
>  - Bernard
>  - Dane
>

>  I haven't found the settings to do so, if it does not exist can this UI
> improvement can be added ?
>

>  Cheers,
>

>  Joel Costigliola

Re: Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Thomas,

Nope, sorting is by name as shown in this picture : View image: unsorted branches http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/

 http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/

 View image: unsorted branches http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/ http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/ Link copy to clipboard http://s28.postimg.org/jva57i07x/unsorted_branches.png Direct Link copy to clipboard

 View on postimg.org http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
 Preview by Yahoo

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 with java 7 by the way.

Cheers

Re: Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

SmartGit mailing list
Hello,

Your repository look very strange. It looks like you have stored multiple "projects" inside this repository. Are you sure that's what you want to do? Usually, one clones each repository into a separate local repository. So usually one local repository has just one remote, seldom two or three.

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Nope, sorting is by name as shown in this picture : View image: unsorted branches
> http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
>

>  http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
>
>  View image: unsorted branches http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
> http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/ Link copy to clipboard
> http://s28.postimg.org/jva57i07x/unsorted_branches.png Direct Link copy to
> clipboard
>

>  View on postimg.org http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
>  Preview by Yahoo
>

> I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 with java 7 by the way.
>
> Cheers

Re: Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

SmartGit 9 #5092 (Help -> Check for Latest Build) should fix this sorting problem.

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Nope, sorting is by name as shown in this picture : View image: unsorted branches
> http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
>

>  http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
>
>  View image: unsorted branches http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
> http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/ Link copy to clipboard
> http://s28.postimg.org/jva57i07x/unsorted_branches.png Direct Link copy to
> clipboard
>

>  View on postimg.org http://postimg.org/image/d4tny2d21/
>  Preview by Yahoo
>

> I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 with java 7 by the way.
>
> Cheers

Re: Feature request : sort branches remote repositories

First thanks for fixing this.

I have indeed a specific use case, as the maintainer of an open source project I have to deal with a fair amount of pull requests. I don't like merging PR from github because I reckon it makes the log history not as clean as it could be, so instead I rebase contributors PR on master PR and to do that I have to add their repository as a remote of mine (thus the long list of remote repo), after rebasing their work and squash all the PR commits into one single commit, I end with a commit log that shows only one commit per feature/fix and no branches.

Cheers

Joel