Feature requests

g4@novadsp.com
Hi all, a few things that have cropped up recently

1.       Can Git-flow be configured so it creates a branch rather than a tag
for start/finish release?

2.       A simple (and it could be really simple) UI to edit/view the
smartgit.properties file? (I lost the thread in the list and it took ages to
find this secret again)

3.       Ability to select multiple log/message entries and copy to
clipboard/save to file

4.       The commit view in the Log window has become *extremely* popular
locally. It would be super to be able to print and/or export as
bitmap/vector/HTML (?)

SG continues to impress.

Many thanks.

Jerry

Re: Feature requests

WORMSS
1: I could be wrong, but doesn't Git-Flow already create a Branch?
4: That sounds like an amazing idea. I actually have to create a bunch of Screenshots for a presentation.. I know this task will not be ready for the time I have to finish but it would be good for the future.

- Colin

Re: Feature requests

> 1.       Can Git-flow be configured so it creates a branch rather than a tag
> for start/finish release?

When starting the release, the release-branch is created. When finishing the release, i.e. when releasing, the branch is removed. This is the point where you would create a hotfix-branch, like "4.6.1", for the first bug-fix release of your Software.

> 2.       A simple (and it could be really simple) UI to edit/view the
> smartgit.properties file? (I lost the thread in the list and it took ages to
> find this secret again)

Usually, it shouldn't be necessary to edit this file. Which properties do you need to edit there?

> 3.       Ability to select multiple log/message entries and copy to
> clipboard/save to file

I agree, these Copy actions should work on multiple selected lines. Added to the RFE list.

> 4.       The commit view in the Log window has become *extremely* popular
> locally. It would be super to be able to print and/or export as
> bitmap/vector/HTML (?)

I've added "Export as HTML" to the RFE list as well.

09/10/2013 15:20 -  wrote:

> Hi all, a few things that have cropped up recently
>

> 1.       Can Git-flow be configured so it creates a branch rather than a tag
> for start/finish release?
>
> 2.       A simple (and it could be really simple) UI to edit/view the
> smartgit.properties file? (I lost the thread in the list and it took ages to
> find this secret again)
>
> 3.       Ability to select multiple log/message entries and copy to
> clipboard/save to file
>
> 4.       The commit view in the Log window has become *extremely* popular
> locally. It would be super to be able to print and/or export as
> bitmap/vector/HTML (?)
>

> SG continues to impress.
>

> Many thanks.
>

> Jerry

RE: Feature requests

g4@novadsp.com
Hi Marc

Thanks. I am either confused or plain wrong, Very possibly both J

We’ve got a convention here of branching to r_NN.NN. How would I configure SG to do this? On Github for example the standard release branches show up in the root of the global namespace, with no further qualification.

VBR.

09/10/2013 15:20 - wrote:

> Hi all, a few things that have cropped up recently
>

> 1. Can Git-flow be configured so it creates a branch rather than a tag
> for start/finish release?
>
> 2. A simple (and it could be really simple) UI to edit/view the
> smartgit.properties file? (I lost the thread in the list and it took ages to
> find this secret again)
>
> 3. Ability to select multiple log/message entries and copy to
> clipboard/save to file
>
> 4. The commit view in the Log window has become *extremely* popular
> locally. It would be super to be able to print and/or export as
> bitmap/vector/HTML (?)
>

> SG continues to impress.
>

> Many thanks.
>

> Jerry

Re: Feature requests

syntevo Support
> We’ve got a convention here of branching to r_NN.NN. How would I configure SG to
> do this? On Github for example the standard release branches show up in the root
> of the global namespace, with no further qualification.

Can you please give a concrete example of what exactly should be branched from which source?

09/11/2013 14:00 -  wrote:

> Hi Marc
>

> Thanks. I am either confused or plain wrong, Very possibly both J
>

> We’ve got a convention here of branching to r_NN.NN. How would I configure SG to
> do this? On Github for example the standard release branches show up in the root
> of the global namespace, with no further qualification.
>

> VBR.

RE: Feature requests

g4@novadsp.com
Hi Marc

Thanks. Assume the source branch is development, the release branch would be called (for example) r_13.45

Snap shows branch prefixed by release/. What I want to see in Resulting Branch is r_13.45 on its own …

BR.

09/11/2013 14:00 - wrote:

> Hi Marc
>

> Thanks. I am either confused or plain wrong, Very possibly both J
>

> We’ve got a convention here of branching to r_NN.NN. How would I configure SG to
> do this? On Github for example the standard release branches show up in the root
> of the global namespace, with no further qualification.
>

> VBR.

Re: Feature requests

syntevo Support
> Snap shows branch prefixed by release/. What I want to see in Resulting Branch
> is r_13.45 on its own …

You could configure Git-Flow to use "r_" instead of "release/" for Release Branches.

Btw, did you try to add a screenshot? If so, please send it directly to [hidden email], as they are not delivered to the mailing list.

09/11/2013 17:10 -  wrote:

> Hi Marc
>

> Thanks. Assume the source branch is development, the release branch would be
> called (for example) r_13.45
>

> Snap shows branch prefixed by release/. What I want to see in Resulting Branch is
> r_13.45 on its own …
>

> BR.

Re: Feature requests

syntevo Support
> If SG is configured to use r_ as the release branch root then each new branch
> will end up in r_/13_34 for example, not r_13_34 which is what I’d prefer.

I get r_13_34. Tested with SmartGit 4.6.3. Please post your gitflow configuration from .git/config.

09/13/2013 14:00 -  wrote:

> Hi Marc
>

> If SG is configured to use r_ as the release branch root then each new branch will
> end up in r_/13_34 for example, not r_13_34 which is what I’d prefer.
>

> Screen shot no loner required. You are on the same page as me.
>

> Thanks.

Re: Feature requests

hvassbotn
This post was updated on .
syntevo Support wrote
> 3.       Ability to select multiple log/message entries and copy to
> clipboard/save to file

I agree, these Copy actions should work on multiple selected lines. Added to the RFE list.
I downloaded the latest release for Windows yesterday (6.0.6 #3153), but it still does not have this (in my opinion essential) feature. Nor does it seem to be part of the 6.5 preview 1 (according to the change log here: http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/changelog-eap.txt)...

When do you plan to implement this?

It is a minor pain to go to the command line and do a git log -format command (manually entering or pasting tag names or commit IDs).

Regards
Hallvard Vassbotn
Infront AS

Re: Feature requests

SmartGit mailing list
> > I agree, these Copy actions should work on multiple selected lines. Added
> > to the RFE list.
>

> I downloaded the latest release for Windwos yesterday (6.0.6 #3153), but it
> still does not have this (in my opinion essential) feature. Nor does it seem
> to be part of the 6.5 preview 1 (according to the change log here:
> http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/changelog-eap.txt)...
>

> When do you plan to implement this?

It's not scheduled for any version, yet, but I've (slightly) bumped up priority.