Jgit with S3 repos within Smartgit

SmartGit mailing list
I have a repo stored in an Amazon AWS S3 bucket.

I am pulling and pushing to it via jgit per this article
http://www.fancybeans.com/blog/2012/08/24/how-to-use-s3-as-a-private-git-repository/

Is there a way to get smartgit to use jgit for all git operations for just a single repository?

I assume I could just specify the git binary as jgit in the preferences but then it would be used for all operations?  If I do that what are the downsides?  Is all the current git functionality within the latest version of jgit?

Re: Jgit with S3 repos within Smartgit

SmartGit mailing list
> Is there a way to get smartgit to use jgit for all git operations for just a
> single repository?

This is not possible.

> I assume I could just specify the git binary as jgit in the preferences but then
> it would be used for all operations?

Exactly.

> If I do that what are the downsides?

SmartGit assumes certain commands and options to be supported exactly as it is by command line Git. If this is not the case, behavior may be unexpected.