Option to disable Gravatar display

Eugene Kashpureff
I would like an option to not fetch/display the Gravatar associated with a Committer's email address.

While I do see the value in this feature, I do not particularly like it - I consider it to be UI clutter. There are other implications with the hit to a third-party web service(security, pure-offline git workflow, possible tracking), and I would like to see this option default to Off.

Furthermore, the "default" image is displayed for any non-recognized email address, which is confusing to those unfamiliar with the service. I would suggest that some sort of check is done to not display this default picture, though I do not know of this is within the bounds of the Gravatar API.

Thank you.

Re: Option to disable Gravatar display

syntevo Support
Hi Eugene,

Sounds reasonable, I've added your RFE to our issue tracker.

08/17/2011 20:40 - Eugene Kashpureff wrote:

> I would like an option to not fetch/display the Gravatar associated with a
> Committer's email address.
>
> While I do see the value in this feature, I do not particularly like it - I
> consider it to be UI clutter. There are other implications with the hit to a
> third-party web service(security, pure-offline git workflow, possible tracking),
> and I would like to see this option default to Off.
>
> Furthermore, the "default" image is displayed for any non-recognized email
> address, which is confusing to those unfamiliar with the service. I would suggest
> that some sort of check is done to not display this default picture, though I do
> not know of this is within the bounds of the Gravatar API.
>
> Thank you.

Re: Option to disable Gravatar display

aceofspades
Where are the images stored, so they can be deleted manually?

Re: Option to disable Gravatar display

aceofspades
BUMP, response please?