Quantcast

Order of repositories in a group

SmartGit mailing list
I'm using SmartGit 6.5.8.

I've got several groups of repositories. One of them has 11 repositories in it.

I can see that the order of the repositories in the group is not alphabetical, in fact where in the group a new repository exists seems to depend on where I initially dropped it.

However I can't figure out any way to reorder the repositories in the group.

I can deal w/ only 1 level of group (ie no nesting of groups), but it would be very helpful to be able to define the order that the repositories are listed within the group.

If I can do that now, could you tell me how, because I've tried looking for menu options and just dragging the repository to a new position, and removing it from the group and putting it back and nothing works.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Order of repositories in a group

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Mike,

The repositories in a group are first sorted by favorite/non-favorite, then alphabetically by name.

> I'm using SmartGit 6.5.8.
>
> I've got several groups of repositories. One of them has 11 repositories in it.
>
> I can see that the order of the repositories in the group is not alphabetical, in
> fact where in the group a new repository exists seems to depend on where I
> initially dropped it.
>
> However I can't figure out any way to reorder the repositories in the group.
>
> I can deal w/ only 1 level of group (ie no nesting of groups), but it would be
> very helpful to be able to define the order that the repositories are listed
> within the group.
>
> If I can do that now, could you tell me how, because I've tried looking for menu
> options and just dragging the repository to a new position, and removing it from
> the group and putting it back and nothing works.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Re: Order of repositories in a group

SmartGit mailing list
Ah, is that what it is. I had forgotten about the favorite tag, and overlooked the asterisk that denotes a favorite, so I couldn't figure out why it was ordered as it was.

That may be sufficient for me. If I decide it isn't in the future, I'll start a new topic or revive this one asking for an enhancement of some sort.

Thanks