Preview version 4.5R2, experience so far.

Preview version 4.5R2, experience so far.

james_854jfks
Hi guys (probably Marc),

Some things are done really well in this version!
- More information being relayed to the user about number of commits loaded etc.. I think that is fantastic
- Usability after using filter is fantastic! I'm not having any of the memory consumption issues I was in 4.0.4

Things that have struck me as having changed that I didn't like
- The discard shortcut has been removed? I can understand the decision behind hiding destructive commands, but I use it quite a bit, and I like shortcuts
- You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather than my usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked branch I am on by just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably wouldn't take me long to adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which Repository I need to look at, and would prefer to not manually have to search my list of repositories once I've worked it out.

Good work guys.

I hope you find this feedback useful.

Cheers,
James

Re: Preview version 4.5R2, experience so far.

Ben Vesco
Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often used
shortcut key from previous releases.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM, james_854jfks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> Hi guys (probably Marc),
>
> Some things are done really well in this version!
> - More information being relayed to the user about number of commits
> loaded etc.. I think that is fantastic
> - Usability after using filter is fantastic! I'm not having any of the
> memory consumption issues I was in 4.0.4
>
> Things that have struck me as having changed that I didn't like
> - The discard shortcut has been removed? I can understand the decision
> behind hiding destructive commands, but I use it quite a bit, and I like
> shortcuts
> - You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather
> than my usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked branch
> I am on by just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably wouldn't
> take me long to adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which Repository
> I need to look at, and would prefer to not manually have to search my list
> of repositories once I've worked it out.
>
> Good work guys.
>
> I hope you find this feedback useful.
>
> Cheers,
> James

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Discard shortcut

syntevo Support
Hi James and Ben,

We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.

03/27/2013 08:20 - Ben Vesco wrote:

> Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often used
> shortcut key from previous releases.
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM, james_854jfks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > Hi guys (probably Marc),
> >
> > Some things are done really well in this version!
> > - More information being relayed to the user about number of commits
> > loaded etc.. I think that is fantastic
> > - Usability after using filter is fantastic! I'm not having any of the
> > memory consumption issues I was in 4.0.4
> >
> > Things that have struck me as having changed that I didn't like
> > - The discard shortcut has been removed? I can understand the decision
> > behind hiding destructive commands, but I use it quite a bit, and I like
> > shortcuts
> > - You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather
> > than my usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked branch
> > I am on by just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably wouldn't
> > take me long to adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which Repository
> > I need to look at, and would prefer to not manually have to search my list
> > of repositories once I've worked it out.
> >
> > Good work guys.
> >
> > I hope you find this feedback useful.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > James

Re: Preview version 4.5R2, experience so far.

> - You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather than my
> usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked branch I am on by
> just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably wouldn't take me long to
> adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which Repository I need to look at, and
> would prefer to not manually have to search my list of repositories once I've
> worked it out.

Added as RFE.

03/27/2013 07:50 - james_854jfks wrote:

> Hi guys (probably Marc),
>
> Some things are done really well in this version!
> - More information being relayed to the user about number of commits loaded etc..
> I think that is fantastic
> - Usability after using filter is fantastic! I'm not having any of the memory
> consumption issues I was in 4.0.4
>
> Things that have struck me as having changed that I didn't like
> - The discard shortcut has been removed? I can understand the decision behind
> hiding destructive commands, but I use it quite a bit, and I like shortcuts
> - You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather than my
> usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked branch I am on by
> just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably wouldn't take me long to
> adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which Repository I need to look at, and
> would prefer to not manually have to search my list of repositories once I've
> worked it out.
>
> Good work guys.
>
> I hope you find this feedback useful.
>
> Cheers,
> James

Re: Discard shortcut

Phillip Singer
Any chance of getting a different shortcut key for discard then?

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, syntevo Support <[hidden email]>wrote:

> **
>

> Hi James and Ben,
>
> We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by
> Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.

> 03/27/2013 08:20 - Ben Vesco wrote:
>
> > Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often used
> > shortcut key from previous releases.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM, james_854jfks <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >

> > > Hi guys (probably Marc),
> > >
> > > Some things are done really well in this version!
> > > - More information being relayed to the user about number of commits
> > > loaded etc.. I think that is fantastic
> > > - Usability after using filter is fantastic! I'm not having any of the
> > > memory consumption issues I was in 4.0.4
> > >
> > > Things that have struck me as having changed that I didn't like
> > > - The discard shortcut has been removed? I can understand the decision
> > > behind hiding destructive commands, but I use it quite a bit, and I
> like
> > > shortcuts
> > > - You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather
> > > than my usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked
> branch
> > > I am on by just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably
> wouldn't
> > > take me long to adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which
> Repository
> > > I need to look at, and would prefer to not manually have to search my
> list
> > > of repositories once I've worked it out.
> > >
> > > Good work guys.
> > >
> > > I hope you find this feedback useful.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > James

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Discard shortcut

ebenzacar
Or making shortcuts user definable like in eclipse?

Sent on the move from my Android device
On Mar 27, 2013 7:32 PM, "Phillip Singer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any chance of getting a different shortcut key for discard then?
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, syntevo Support <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > Hi James and Ben,
> >
> > We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by
> > Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.

> > Thomas Singer
> >
> > 03/27/2013 08:20 - Ben Vesco wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often
> used
> > > shortcut key from previous releases.

> the

> decision
> > like
> rather
> > branch
> > wouldn't
> > Repository
> > list

Re: Discard shortcut

Ben Vesco
Yes, please another easy to use shortcut or allow ctrl+z to be context
sensitive where it can perform the appropriate action based on where you
are in the application.

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, syntevo Support <[hidden email]>wrote:

> **
>

> Hi James and Ben,
>
> We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by
> Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.

> 03/27/2013 08:20 - Ben Vesco wrote:
>
> > Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often used
> > shortcut key from previous releases.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:44 PM, james_854jfks <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >

> > > Hi guys (probably Marc),
> > >
> > > Some things are done really well in this version!
> > > - More information being relayed to the user about number of commits
> > > loaded etc.. I think that is fantastic
> > > - Usability after using filter is fantastic! I'm not having any of the
> > > memory consumption issues I was in 4.0.4
> > >
> > > Things that have struck me as having changed that I didn't like
> > > - The discard shortcut has been removed? I can understand the decision
> > > behind hiding destructive commands, but I use it quite a bit, and I
> like
> > > shortcuts
> > > - You have to hover over the repository you want to fetch from, rather
> > > than my usual process of fetching from the repository of the tracked
> branch
> > > I am on by just clicking pull. This is just a change, it probably
> wouldn't
> > > take me long to adapt, but I'd prefer to not have to know which
> Repository
> > > I need to look at, and would prefer to not manually have to search my
> list
> > > of repositories once I've worked it out.
> > >
> > > Good work guys.
> > >
> > > I hope you find this feedback useful.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > James

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Discard shortcut

> Any chance of getting a different shortcut key for discard then?

Any suggestions?

03/28/2013 00:40 - Phillip Singer wrote:

> Any chance of getting a different shortcut key for discard then?
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, syntevo Support <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > Hi James and Ben,
> >
> > We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by
> > Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.

> > Thomas Singer
> >
> > 03/27/2013 08:20 - Ben Vesco wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often used
> > > shortcut key from previous releases.

> > like
> > branch
> > wouldn't
> > Repository
> > list

Re: Discard shortcut

> Or making shortcuts user definable like in eclipse?

Edit|Customize is your friend.

03/28/2013 02:00 - Eric B wrote:

> Or making shortcuts user definable like in eclipse?
>
> Sent on the move from my Android device
> On Mar 27, 2013 7:32 PM, "Phillip Singer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Any chance of getting a different shortcut key for discard then?
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, syntevo Support <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > **
> > >

> > > Hi James and Ben,
> > >
> > > We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by
> > > Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best regards,
> > > Thomas Singer
> > > syntevo GmbH
> > > http://www.syntevo.com
> > > http://blog.syntevo.com

> > used

> > the

> > decision
> > > like
> > rather
> > > branch
> > > wouldn't
> > > Repository
> > > list

Re: Discard shortcut

> Yes, please another easy to use shortcut or allow ctrl+z to be context
> sensitive where it can perform the appropriate action based on where you
> are in the application.

Unfortunately, that's not possible at the moment.

03/28/2013 05:10 - Ben Vesco wrote:

> Yes, please another easy to use shortcut or allow ctrl+z to be context
> sensitive where it can perform the appropriate action based on where you
> are in the application.
>
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM, syntevo Support <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > Hi James and Ben,
> >
> > We removed the Ctrl+Z shortcut from Discard, because it is used now by
> > Edit|Undo to undo the last stage/unstage hunk/inner-line change.

> > Thomas Singer
> >
> > 03/27/2013 08:20 - Ben Vesco wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, please bring back shortcut key for discard. It is my most often used
> > > shortcut key from previous releases.

> > like
> > branch
> > wouldn't
> > Repository
> > list

Re: Discard shortcut

Ben Vesco
ctrl+shift+z wouldn't be too bad (cmd+shift+z on osx).

Graeme Geldenhuys
On 2013-03-28 00:57, Eric B wrote:
> Or making shortcuts user definable like in eclipse?

It's already possible...   Edit|Customize

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/