Random thought ...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Random thought ...

SmartGit mailing list
Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
patch file on a per-file basis? (For those who insist on such things in this
day and age J)

 

VBR

 

Jerry

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random thought ...

SmartGit mailing list
> Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> patch file on a per-file basis?

How would that be helpful?

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com



03/18/2015 17:20 - [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> patch file on a per-file basis? (For those who insist on such things in this
> day and age J)
>
>  
>
> VBR
>
>  
>
> Jerry
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Random thought ...

SmartGit mailing list
Simply to GUIā€™ize the patch creation process. As intimated in the original posting, not exactly a high-priority requirement.

 

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 19 March 2015 08:34
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [smartgit] Random thought ...

 

 

> Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> patch file on a per-file basis?

How would that be helpful?

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com

03/18/2015 17:20 - [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> patch file on a per-file basis? (For those who insist on such things in this
> day and age J)
>
>
>
> VBR
>
>
>
> Jerry
>
>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random thought ...

SmartGit mailing list
In reply to this post by SmartGit mailing list
Jerry,

Did you already try it with the external tool support using a script?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com


03/18/2015 17:20 - [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> patch file on a per-file basis? (For those who insist on such things in this
> day and age J)
>
>  
>
> VBR
>
>  
>
> Jerry
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Random thought ...

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Thomas

 

No, but it sounds promising. Any thoughts/pointers to how do this?

 

Thx++

 

From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: 19 March 2015 16:36
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [smartgit] Random thought ...

 

 

Jerry,

Did you already try it with the external tool support using a script?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com

03/18/2015 17:20 - [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> patch file on a per-file basis? (For those who insist on such things in this
> day and age J)
>
>
>
> VBR
>
>
>
> Jerry
>
>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Random thought ...

SmartGit mailing list
You may check the existing (default) external tools in the SmartGit preferences (and the scripts on disk).

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com


03/20/2015 13:00 - [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Hi Thomas
>
>  
>
> No, but it sounds promising. Any thoughts/pointers to how do this?
>
>  
>
> Thx++
>
>  
>
> From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: 19 March 2015 16:36
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [smartgit] Random thought ...
>
>  
>
>  
>
> Jerry,
>
> Did you already try it with the external tool support using a script?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Thomas Singer
> syntevo GmbH
> http://www.syntevo.com
>
> 03/18/2015 17:20 - [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:
>
> > Given that SG supports SVN repos, is it possible to have the GUI generate a
> > patch file on a per-file basis? (For those who insist on such things in this
> > day and age J)
> >
> >
> >
> > VBR
> >
> >
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>