Re: "Outside Repository" Error

pkruegery

Hi,

Sorry to post and run.  I've had a busy few weeks.  Thank you for the response.  Here is what I encounter:

--- In [hidden email], syntevo Support <smartgit@...> wrote:
> > when I try to commit the files, it gives me the error that
> > each file is "Outside repository"
>
> What's the exact error message?

This also happens when I try to stage a file, so I'd like to start there.  Staging a file produces the following message (portions truncated for readability):
"Stage: '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Applications/ColdFusion8/wwwroot/......../form.cfm' is outside repository"

> What happen when using "git add your-file" on command line?

They are added fine, with no errors.  I used the command line to add all of my files, and now I'm trying to update them through SmartGit.

> Best regards,
> Marc Strapetz

Pete
--
Peter Oliver-Krueger
MillionMunkeys.net

Re: Re: "Outside Repository" Error

syntevo Support
Hello Pete,

> This also happens when I try to stage a file, so I'd like to start there.
> Staging a file produces the following message (portions truncated for
> readability):
> "Stage: '/Volumes/Macintosh
> HD/Applications/ColdFusion8/wwwroot/......../form.cfm' is outside repository"

Please restart SmartGit, try again to stage one file, then send
~/Library/Preferences/SmartGit/log.txt directly to [hidden email].
Thanks!