Repository status update when offline

SmartGit mailing list
In my main repository, I have a couple of remotes, where one of them (origin) is not always accessible (only when I'm on a VPN). During certain operations with the other repositories, SmartGit tries to refresh the status of the up and down arrows, and it's complaining when origin is not accessible. Is there a way to disable this functionality? I would be fine with the errors and maybe some question mark for the status only if the error would not manifest in a sequence of modal dialogs. I'm not also entirely sure whether it's because it's origin. It seems that SmartGit does not care about the other remotes. If it is special, is there a way to make is less special? Should I rename it?

Re: Repository status update when offline

SmartGit mailing list
Just disable the "Local and Remote Changes" options in the preferences, page "Background Commands".

> In my main repository, I have a couple of remotes, where one of them (origin) is
> not always accessible (only when I'm on a VPN). During certain operations with the
> other repositories, SmartGit tries to refresh the status of the up and down
> arrows, and it's complaining when origin is not accessible. Is there a way to
> disable this functionality? I would be fine with the errors and maybe some
> question mark for the status only if the error would not manifest in a sequence of
> modal dialogs. I'm not also entirely sure whether it's because it's origin. It
> seems that SmartGit does not care about the other remotes. If it is special, is
> there a way to make is less special? Should I rename it?

Re: Repository status update when offline

janzich
I found these settings before, and experimented with them, but none of them seemed to affect the described behavior.

Also, I'm not sure which option it should be. Currently, my settings are:

I think it should probably be the "Detect remote changes" option, but now I have it off, and I still get the error as usually.

SmartGit mailing list wrote
Just disable the "Local and Remote Changes" options in the preferences, page "Background Commands".