SmartGIT6: multiple repos of same name

Norbert Nemec
Hi there,

in the it used to be that multiple repos of the same name were
disinguished by showing the path of the working directory. In SmartGIT6,
they are distinguished only by adding a meaningless number. To see the
path, one has to use mouse-over.

Is there a way to permanently display the path in the "Repositories" view?

Thanks,
Norbert

--
Dr. Norbert Nemec
Teamleader Software Development
Native Instruments GmbH
http://www.native-instruments.com

Re: SmartGIT6: multiple repos of same name

syntevo Support
Hi Norbert,

> in the it used to be that multiple repos of the same name were
> disinguished by showing the path of the working directory. In SmartGIT6,
> they are distinguished only by adding a meaningless number.

The meaningless number is skipped by default since 6 preview 9.

> To see the path, one has to use mouse-over.

Because of user-demand...

> Is there a way to permanently display the path in the "Repositories" view?

Please add following line to smartgit.properties:

smartgit.repository.showPath=true

05/02/2014 13:20 - Norbert Nemec wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> in the it used to be that multiple repos of the same name were
> disinguished by showing the path of the working directory. In SmartGIT6,
> they are distinguished only by adding a meaningless number. To see the
> path, one has to use mouse-over.
>

> Is there a way to permanently display the path in the "Repositories" view?
>

> Thanks,
> Norbert
>

> --
> Dr. Norbert Nemec
> Teamleader Software Development
> +49-30-611035-1882
> Native Instruments GmbH
> http://www.native-instruments.com

Re: SmartGIT6: multiple repos of same name

Norbert Nemec
Thanks!

The paths are now displayed as I had hoped for. For some reason, the
path for a repository disappears as soon as the repo is opened and
reappears as soon as you switch to another repo. Not critical for me,
but I guess this should be fixed.

Greetings,
Norbert

Native Instruments GmbH
http://www.native-instruments.com

Re: SmartGIT6: multiple repos of same name

syntevo Support
Please try build 3080 (Help|Check for Latest Build).