SmartGit 3: Open Repository does not create dir / initalize new repo

SmartGit 3: Open Repository does not create dir / initalize new repo

Eugene Kashpureff
Using Project-->Open repository to add a new repository to my current Project does not automatically create a non-existant directory. If I create the directory manually, it does not initialize the repo inside this dir. In both cases I am asked which sort of repository I want to create(git or Mercurial).

Additionally suggesting that if the Hg(or git) binary is not specified in Settings(due to it not being installed or used) that this dialog automatically assume the type of repo to initialize. This could also be a preference to pick default Repo type if both binaries are installed.

Platform is Windows 7, JRE 7u3, SmartGit v3.

Re: SmartGit 3: Open Repository does not create dir / initalize new repo

syntevo Support
> Using Project-->Open repository to add a new repository to my current Project
> does not automatically create a non-existant directory. If I create the
> directory manually, it does not initialize the repo inside this dir. In both
> cases I am asked which sort of repository I want to create(git or Mercurial).

Thanks for reporting this problem, we will fix this for the next build.

> Additionally suggesting that if the Hg(or git) binary is not specified in
> Settings(due to it not being installed or used) that this dialog automatically
> assume the type of repo to initialize.

That sounds reasonable, added to the RFE list.