Quantcast

SmartGit 6.5.1 or FreeBSD 10

Just to let everybody know that the latest SmartGit still runs perfectly
under FreeBSD - just like it has for the last 2-3 years. Even though
FreeBSD is not an "officially" supported environment according to
Syntevo, it works perfectly. I'm using 64-bit FreeBSD 10 and SmartGit
6.5.1 and Java 1.7.0_65-b17 (/usr/local/openjdk7/jre).

All you need is the SWT jar package for FreeBSD. For your convenience
I've made my own compiled version (compiled from ports collection)
available for download:

  http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/smartgit/

Instructions:
============
Simply copy the "org.eclipse.swt.gtk.freebsd.x86_64.jar" file into the
'smartgit/lib/' directory. Then run the 'smartgit/bin/smartgit.sh'
script as normal.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

Re: SmartGit 6.5.1 or FreeBSD 10

SmartGit mailing list
Thank you, I have been looking for this information everywhere.

Unfortunately, Google does not spider Yahoo Groups effectively.

I could not find this message until I signed up and searched through the Yahoo interface.

Thank you!