SmartGit 6.5 Tools/OpenFile xdg-open and NetBeans

SmartGit 6.5 Tools/OpenFile xdg-open and NetBeans

SmartGit mailing list
I just installed SmartGit 6.5 (build 4113) on my Ubuntu 14.04 laptop and find that when I click on a file I no longer see it appear in my existing NetBeans IDE 8.0.1.  It instead appears in a new gedit window.  I assume this is due to the Edit -> Preferences -> Tools -> Open File command that (now?) uses xdg-open; I don't think my previous version of SmartGit did that (and I want it back!)

I suppose I could externally configure xdg-open to always open files with NetBeans but I really only want the single existing instance of NetBeans to open the file when I click on it in SmartGit.  I have tried unsuccessfully to modify the Open File entry to use the NetBeans instance.  Has anyone been able to do this?

    Thanks,

    Bill

Re: SmartGit 6.5 Tools/OpenFile xdg-open and NetBeans

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Bill,

What previous version did you use? Usually, SmartGit should copy the settings from previous versions on the first start.

> I just installed SmartGit 6.5 (build 4113) on my Ubuntu 14.04 laptop and find that
> when I click on a file I no longer see it appear in my existing NetBeans IDE
> 8.0.1.  It instead appears in a new gedit window.  I assume this is due to the
> Edit -> Preferences -> Tools -> Open File command that (now?) uses xdg-open; I
> don't think my previous version of SmartGit did that (and I want it back!)
>
> I suppose I could externally configure xdg-open to always open files with NetBeans
> but I really only want the single existing instance of NetBeans to open the file
> when I click on it in SmartGit.  I have tried unsuccessfully to modify the Open
> File entry to use the NetBeans instance.  Has anyone been able to do this?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Bill

Re: SmartGit 6.5 Tools/OpenFile xdg-open and NetBeans

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Thomas -

     Thanks for your reply.

     I was using SmartGit-3.0.11 configured (somehow) to open files for edit with NetBeans and then I updated my Ubuntu laptop to 14.04.  Unfortunately the laptop did not have /home in a separate filesystem (it does now) so I didn't necessarily retain all of my previous configurations, though I might have them on the USB stick I used to backup /home prior to updating to 14.04.

     So it seems all I need to know is how to set the Edit -> Preferences -> Tools -> OpenFile setting (which now uses xdg-open)  such that clicking on a repository file in SmartGit causes the file to show up in the existing instance of NetBeans.  This might be as simple as configuring xdg-open to default to NetBeans for files - but I'd prefer to continue using gedit to open files outside of SmartGit.

     Regards,

     Bill

 http://www.syntevo.com http://www.syntevo.com
 http://blog.syntevo.com http://blog.syntevo.com