SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit mailing list
SmartGit notified me that version 7 preview was available with Stash
integration.  We have an in-house Stash system, so I thought I'd give it
a try.

I selected Stash as the hosting provider, gave it the URL to our Stash
system, and provided the credentials that I use to log in via a browser.
  Unfortunately, SmartGit reports "Executing a command has failed.
Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again."

I use these same credentials to clone from our Stash repo in SmartGit,
so I don't know why authentication is failing when configuring the
hosting provider.

Thanks.

--
Guy Rouillier

---

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit mailing list
> I selected Stash as the hosting provider, gave it the URL to our Stash
> system, and provided the credentials that I use to log in via a browser.
>   Unfortunately, SmartGit reports "Executing a command has failed.
> Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again."

Can you please send us log.txt (or at least the part which covers the incident) to [hidden email] ? Thanks!

02/17/2015 19:20 - Guy Rouillier [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> SmartGit notified me that version 7 preview was available with Stash
> integration.  We have an in-house Stash system, so I thought I'd give it
> a try.
>
> I selected Stash as the hosting provider, gave it the URL to our Stash
> system, and provided the credentials that I use to log in via a browser.
>   Unfortunately, SmartGit reports "Executing a command has failed.
> Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again."
>
> I use these same credentials to clone from our Stash repo in SmartGit,
> so I don't know why authentication is failing when configuring the
> hosting provider.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Guy Rouillier
>
> ---

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit mailing list
I have the same issue. Noticed that the password is sent in plain text in in line 74724. I have replaced it with PASSWORD in the following log. I have done the same thing for the server name for security reason (SERVER)

 74702 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,313) [main] INFO              q.action  - Performing 'OK' button in window @4B5A21 owner @38F122 owner @4FA968 owner @12CC05A
 74703 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,314) [main] INFO              q.dialog  - Showed dialog 3 (@4B5A21) '@E5344C - Passwords' (owner: @38F122)
 74706 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,317) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation change from Shell {*Disposed*}@4B5A21 to Shell {Add Hosting Provider}@38F122
 74715 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,326) [main] INFO              q.dialog  - Showing dialog 4 (@10E466) '@1E1C08A - Checking connectivity' (owner: @38F122)
 74719 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,330) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation change from Shell {Add Hosting Provider}@38F122 to Shell {Checking connectivity}@10E466
 74724 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,335) [QThreadPoolThread-1 (smartgit.Vy)] INFO  smartgit.hostingProvider  - Sending request https://SERVER/rest/api/1.0/projects/~PASSWORD/repos?start=0 (method=GET)
 74731 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,342) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation remains at Shell {Checking connectivity}@10E466
 74864 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,475) [QThreadPoolThread-1 (smartgit.Vy)] ERROR     smartgit.command  - Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again.
 smartgit.eS: Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again.
 at smartgit.aSO.a(SourceFile:45)
 at smartgit.cf.a(SourceFile:42)
 at smartgit.Vy.run(SourceFile:35)
 at smartgit.aas.run(SourceFile:65)
 Caused by: smartgit.bmk: Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again.
 at smartgit.bmo.a(SourceFile:331)
 at smartgit.bmo.a(SourceFile:207)
 at smartgit.bmo.a(SourceFile:183)
 at smartgit.bmo.a(SourceFile:132)
 at smartgit.bdU.a(SourceFile:125)
 at smartgit.bee.a(SourceFile:32)
 at smartgit.aUr.a(SourceFile:171)
 at smartgit.aUr.a(SourceFile:155)
 at smartgit.aUn.a(SourceFile:102)
 at smartgit.aUn.a(SourceFile:31)
 at smartgit.aSO.a(SourceFile:42)
 ... 3 more
 74866 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,477) [main] INFO              q.dialog  - Showed dialog 4 (@10E466) '@1E1C08A - Checking connectivity' (owner: @38F122)
 74869 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,480) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation change from Shell {*Disposed*}@10E466 to Shell {Add Hosting Provider}@38F122
 74872 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,483) [main] INFO              q.dialog  - Show (warn): Command Failed - Executing a command has failed.
 74874 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,485) [main] INFO              q.dialog  - Showing dialog 5 (@7E7A7E) '@1F81B0D - Command Failed' (owner: @38F122)
 74884 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,495) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation change from Shell {Add Hosting Provider}@38F122 to Shell {Command Failed}@7E7A7E
 74892 (2015-02-18 18:02:01,503) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation remains at Shell {Command Failed}@7E7A7E
 75849 (2015-02-18 18:02:02,460) [main] INFO  q.swt.shellActivation  - Activation change from Shell {Command Failed}@7E7A7E to null
 76909 (2015-02-18 18:02:03,520) [Timer-0] INFO           smartgit.gc  - Invocation of garbage collector due to [deactivation] took 59ms.

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

> I selected Stash as the hosting provider, gave it the URL to our Stash
> system, and provided the credentials that I use to log in via a browser.
>    Unfortunately, SmartGit reports "Executing a command has failed.
> Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again."

This problem is fixed in 7 preview 2.

On 17.02.2015 19:20, Guy Rouillier [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> SmartGit notified me that version 7 preview was available with Stash
> integration.  We have an in-house Stash system, so I thought I'd give it
> a try.
>
> I selected Stash as the hosting provider, gave it the URL to our Stash
> system, and provided the credentials that I use to log in via a browser.
>    Unfortunately, SmartGit reports "Executing a command has failed.
> Authentication failed. Please check your credentials and try again."
>
> I use these same credentials to clone from our Stash repo in SmartGit,
> so I don't know why authentication is failing when configuring the
> hosting provider.
>
> Thanks.

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit mailing list
Verified I can now connect to our internal Stash server.  Thanks!

After doing this, one of my projects now shows an orange (!) before the
develop branch in the Branches pane.  I looked through the online help
and can't figure out what that means.  I tried doing a pull but the (!)
remains.

--
Guy Rouillier

---

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

WORMSS
It means there is a pull request on that branch.

Maybe a hover hint tip may be good to have to show this?

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit mailing list
Thanks, I had never seen this before, I'm guessing because it is part of
configuring a hosting provider.  No need for another hover hint.  There
already is one if I hover over the branch:

Stash: Incoming Pull Request(s)

I'm a reviewer on the pull request, but the submitter has already merged
the request before I had a chance to either approve or decline.  The (!)
remains on the develop branch.  Should that go away after the pull
request has been merged?  If not, how do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

On 2/19/2015 2:09 PM, WORMSS [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> It means there is a pull request on that branch.
>
> Maybe a hover hint tip may be good to have to show this?

Guy Rouillier

---

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Re: SmartGit 7 hosting provider configuration

SmartGit mailing list
> I'm a reviewer on the pull request, but the submitter has already merged
> the request before I had a chance to either approve or decline.  The (!)
> remains on the develop branch.  Should that go away after the pull
> request has been merged?

If the pull request has been merged and you are triggering a refresh from Stash by clicking the tiny Stash toolbar button, the marker should disappear.