Quantcast

SmartGit change after VirtualBox update to 4.3.28

SmartGit change after VirtualBox update to 4.3.28

SmartGit mailing list
I'm running SmartGit version 6.5.8

 I run it on Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit under VirtualBox on a Windows host.

 I just updated VirtualBox from 4.3.26 to 4.3.28.

 Oddly the size of the toolbar buttons seems to have changed, they've gotten wider, which has increased the minimum width of my SmartGit windows. (I can see this because I'm still running VirtualBox 4.3.26 on a different computer)

 The 1st button ends under the 'r' in `Repository` on the menu in 4.3.26 while it ends right in front of the 'E' in `Edit` on 4.3.28.

 I realize this isn't really a SmartGit problem, but I wonder if you have any idea what's going on?

 Thanks,
 Mike

Re: SmartGit change after VirtualBox update to 4.3.28

SmartGit mailing list
A little more experimentation shows that before in 4.3.26 the button width was variable, such that the `Index Editor` button is wider than the `Pull` button, while in 4.3.28 all buttons seem to get the width of the widest button.

Also in 4.3.28 the <-> toolbar control seems to have a minimum of what looks like a 2 button width, and won't resize to 0 width.

Re: SmartGit change after VirtualBox update to 4.3.28

SmartGit mailing list
OK, at least some of this seems related to a change in the display DPI. And that's all the research I'm doing on it for now. Things seem back to the way they were when I opened the Settings and forced the DPI to 96.

I suspect that the DPI of the display as reported to the OS by VirtualBox used to be 96, and now it is 120, which is what the setting is in the Windows host.