Quantcast

SmartGit is waiting for the following process to finish.

SmartGit is waiting for the following process to finish.

SmartGit mailing list
Ahoy,

I get this popup like every 2 minutes.
"SmartGit is waiting for the following process to finish.
C:\apps\git\bin\git.exe ls-remote origin refs/heads/master*
[ exit process ] [wait]"
SmartGit is working just fine except for this popup.  I have turned off
all background tasks and restarted SmartGit.
It doesn't matter whether I click "exit" or "wait" I get this same popup
again in a couple of minutes.
Other than this, it works great. I can
push/pull/merge/commit/log/whatever just fine.
I googled the message and all I come up with is a couple of years ago
this was a legitimate problem that was interrupting work. My work is
only interrupted in so far as the annoying popup gets displayed.  One
hint from google was to switch to the internal ssh client.  I did that,
no effect.

Version: 6.5.8 (build #4204)
Java: 1.7.0_67-b01 (c:\program files (x86)\smartgit\jre)

I am a longtime SmartCVS user and am running an eval SmartGit on Windows 8.1

Re: SmartGit is waiting for the following process to finish.

SmartGit mailing list
> I get this popup like every 2 minutes.
> "SmartGit is waiting for the following process to finish.
> C:\apps\git\bin\git.exe ls-remote origin refs/heads/master*
> [ exit process ] [wait]"
> SmartGit is working just fine except for this popup.  I have turned off
> all background tasks and restarted SmartGit.
> It doesn't matter whether I click "exit" or "wait" I get this same popup
> again in a couple of minutes.

Please send me log.txt from the Settings directory (see About dialog) directly to [hidden email].