Quantcast

SmartGit randomly stopped working

SmartGit mailing list
I try to start it and I get an error dialog:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
Couldn't load main class.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Re: SmartGit randomly stopped working

SmartGit mailing list
What operating system you are using?

> I try to start it and I get an error dialog:
>
> ---------------------------
> Error
> ---------------------------
> Couldn't load main class.
> ---------------------------
> OK
> ---------------------------

Re: SmartGit randomly stopped working

SmartGit mailing list
as "Couldn't load main class" error message http://quabr.com/21744253/couldnt-load-main-class-error-message

 http://quabr.com/21744253/couldnt-load-main-class-error-message

 "Couldn't load main class" error message http://quabr.com/21744253/couldnt-load-main-class-error-message Related questions Orange exclamation mark on smartgit merge feature branch into the develop with SmartGit SmartGit - failed to import extension boomarks "C...

 View on quabr.com http://quabr.com/21744253/couldnt-load-main-class-error-message
 Preview by Yahoo

 suggests, I can run it as administrator,but not as regular user

reinstalling doesn't help

Re: SmartGit randomly stopped working

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with smartgit-win32-setup-jre-6_5_8

 It works if run as administrator

This sounds like a permission problem with the updates directory (see <http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/documentation?page=installation#installation.program-updates>). I would try to fix the permissions or, if different updates directories are used, rename the one from the user where it does not work.

> Windows 7 Pro 64-bit with smartgit-win32-setup-jre-6_5_8
>
>  It works if run as administrator

Re: SmartGit randomly stopped working

SmartGit mailing list
renaming both folders in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\syntevo\SmartGit does nothing

uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing

Re: SmartGit randomly stopped working

SmartGit mailing list
Please open a terminal and execute following command

 c:
 cd \Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\syntevo\SmartGit
 dir /s /q > dir.txt

and send dir.txt to [hidden email]. Thanks in advance.

> renaming both folders in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\syntevo\SmartGit does
> nothing
>
> uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing

Re: SmartGit randomly stopped working

SmartGit mailing list
What is the email address to send it to?  Yahoo Groups obfuscates email addresses