Status shows Modified(EOLs)

SmartGit mailing list
Hi there,

I'm new to git and smartgit, I'm moving from one machine to another. So I installed git and smart git on the new machine and copied my repo on the new machine. After copying my repor, SmartGit detected my repo and showed it. But the status for "all" the files in repo shows as Modified(EOLs).

When I use the diff tool, it says there is no difference. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Joe

Re: Status shows Modified(EOLs)

SmartGit mailing list
> I'm new to git and smartgit, I'm moving from one machine to another.

Is the operating system on old and new machine different?

> When I use the diff tool, it says there is no difference. How can I fix this?

I'd recommend to get a fresh clone.

> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to git and smartgit, I'm moving from one machine to another. So I
> installed git and smart git on the new machine and copied my repo on the new
> machine. After copying my repor, SmartGit detected my repo and showed it. But the
> status for "all" the files in repo shows as Modified(EOLs).
>
> When I use the diff tool, it says there is no difference. How can I fix this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe

Re: Status shows Modified(EOLs)

SmartGit mailing list
I had git installed also. On old machine I had Git installed as 'Windows style check-out, Unix style check-in' and on new machine, I had installed git as 'check-in as-is, check-out as-in'. I reinstalled git because I didn't know how to change that in git, it fixed the Modified(EOLs) in SmartGit.