Strange behavior (error) in "Integrate develop" in a repo with submodules

Strange behavior (error) in "Integrate develop" in a repo with submodules

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior
Hi,

I am using SmartGit 4.6.2 with git-flow and developing some feature. I used
"Integrate develop" to update my feature with the latest implementations
from develop and I the new commits in develop branch included a update in
the pointer of a submodule.

After the operation, the directory corresponding to the submodule was not
updated. I had to manually update it using "Reset".

Is this supposed to work in this way? I was expecting all submodules to be
updated as well.

Regards,
Luiz Carlos

Re: Strange behavior (error) in "Integrate develop" in a repo with submodules

syntevo Support
Hi Luiz,

It's a bug that submodules are not reset accordingly. Should be fixed in the next build.

08/29/2013 21:40 - Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using SmartGit 4.6.2 with git-flow and developing some feature. I used
> "Integrate develop" to update my feature with the latest implementations
> from develop and I the new commits in develop branch included a update in
> the pointer of a submodule.
>
> After the operation, the directory corresponding to the submodule was not
> updated. I had to manually update it using "Reset".
>
> Is this supposed to work in this way? I was expecting all submodules to be
> updated as well.
>
> Regards,
> Luiz Carlos

Re: Strange behavior (error) in "Integrate develop" in a repo with submodules

Thomas Singer
Administrator
Sorry, it will be fixed in the next early-access version, because the
change was to "hot" for the release.

On 2013-08-30 7:13, syntevo Support wrote:

> Hi Luiz,
>
> It's a bug that submodules are not reset accordingly. Should be fixed in the next build.

> 08/29/2013 21:40 - Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using SmartGit 4.6.2 with git-flow and developing some feature. I used
>> "Integrate develop" to update my feature with the latest implementations
>> from develop and I the new commits in develop branch included a update in
>> the pointer of a submodule.
>>
>> After the operation, the directory corresponding to the submodule was not
>> updated. I had to manually update it using "Reset".
>>
>> Is this supposed to work in this way? I was expecting all submodules to be
>> updated as well.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Luiz Carlos

Re: Strange behavior (error) in "Integrate develop" in a repo with submodules

Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior
Ok, thanks.

<http://www.psr-inc.com>

Luiz Carlos da Costa JĂșnior [[hidden email]]
Tel: +55 21 3906-2137
Fax: +55 21 3906-2121

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Thomas Singer <[hidden email]>wrote:

> **
>

> Sorry, it will be fixed in the next early-access version, because the
> change was to "hot" for the release.

> On 2013-08-30 7:13, syntevo Support wrote:
> > Hi Luiz,
> >
> > It's a bug that submodules are not reset accordingly. Should be fixed in
> the next build.

> > Thomas Singer
> >

> > 08/29/2013 21:40 - Luiz Carlos da Costa Junior wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am using SmartGit 4.6.2 with git-flow and developing some feature. I
> used
> >> "Integrate develop" to update my feature with the latest implementations
> >> from develop and I the new commits in develop branch included a update
> in
> >> the pointer of a submodule.
> >>
> >> After the operation, the directory corresponding to the submodule was
> not
> >> updated. I had to manually update it using "Reset".
> >>
> >> Is this supposed to work in this way? I was expecting all submodules to
> be
> >> updated as well.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Luiz Carlos