Quantcast

Submodules auto init

SmartGit mailing list
Dear SmartGit,

 My company want to change our version control software and my task to try the available software. This company is a medium size with 500 members. Previously we used svn repository and nowdays we want to use the svn with git client.
 We’re working some bigger project in different repositories. These repositories use lot of – more than 100- submoduls. When I tried SmartGit I found a problem what i couldn’t solve. I started cloned our big repository whitch contains these submodules then I need initialize one by one.  How Can I do init and clone theres automatically?

 Yours Faithfully, Flavian Mintal!

Re: Submodules auto init

SmartGit mailing list
>  My company want to change our version control software and my task to try the
> available software. This company is a medium size with 500 members. Previously we
> used svn repository and nowdays we want to use the svn with git client.
>  We’re working some bigger project in different repositories. These repositories
> use lot of – more than 100- submoduls. When I tried SmartGit I found a problem
> what i couldn’t solve. I started cloned our big repository whitch contains these
> submodules then I need initialize one by one.  How Can I do init and clone theres
> automatically?

Please get and run version 7 Preview from:

http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/early-access

Then get the latest build: Help|Check for Latest Build

Now, clone your main repository (which won't give you any submodules), then invoke Remote|Submodule|Initialize on your repository root. Here I've added a new option "Auto-initialize" which should do what you are looking for.