Support for Mercurial Share Extension

 I've posted about this twice, the first time 2 years ago, the second time I did not get a response.  Please think of my determination as an indicator of how much I like your product...

 I have used SmartGit/Hg at home for years and I would love for my work to adopt it, but it does not support mercurial's shared repositories, which we use heavily because we all work off of the same shared file server and it simplifies and speeds up our workflow: http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/ShareExtension

 This feature is incredibly simple and would take very little time to implement:  instead of having an .hg/store/ directory, a shared repo has an .hg/sharedpath file which tells mercurial where to find the store directory. That's it. It's just a simple redirect.

 Here's some info on how to reproduce the problem:

  hg init master-repo

  cd master-repo
  touch foo
  hg commit -A -m "first"

  cd ..

  hg share master-repo shared-repo

  then point smartgithg at the path to "shared-repo"

  I hope this feature can be added!

  chad.

Re: Support for Mercurial Share Extension

SmartGit mailing list
>  I have used SmartGit/Hg at home for years and I would love for my work to adopt
> it, but it does not support mercurial's shared repositories, which we use heavily
> because we all work off of the same shared file server and it simplifies and
> speeds up our workflow: http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/ShareExtension

Sorry to not have replied earlier. I agree that this feature should be simple to implement and it makes perfect sense for SmartGit to support it. We are still discussing with Hg4J developers on how to proceed.

> Hi,
>  I've posted about this twice, the first time 2 years ago, the second time I did
> not get a response.  Please think of my determination as an indicator of how much
> I like your product...
>
>  I have used SmartGit/Hg at home for years and I would love for my work to adopt
> it, but it does not support mercurial's shared repositories, which we use heavily
> because we all work off of the same shared file server and it simplifies and
> speeds up our workflow: http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/ShareExtension
>
>  This feature is incredibly simple and would take very little time to implement:
> instead of having an .hg/store/ directory, a shared repo has an .hg/sharedpath
> file which tells mercurial where to find the store directory. That's it. It's just
> a simple redirect.
>

>  Here's some info on how to reproduce the problem:
>

>   hg init master-repo
>
>   cd master-repo
>   touch foo
>   hg commit -A -m "first"
>

>   cd ..
>

>   hg share master-repo shared-repo
>

>   then point smartgithg at the path to "shared-repo"
>
>   I hope this feature can be added!
>

>   chad.

Re: Support for Mercurial Share Extension

SmartGit mailing list
> Sorry to not have replied earlier. I agree that this feature should be
> simple to implement and it makes perfect sense for SmartGit to support it.
> We are still discussing with Hg4J developers on how to proceed.

Thanks!  I'm very much looking forward to it.