Update list of remote branches

kevinarood
Hi,

I've run into an issue where when we delete remote Git branches, the local list of branches is never updated in SmartGit.  Maybe I'm missing something, how can I make sure that the local list of branches is the same as the remote branches?

We're using GitHub.

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: Update list of remote branches

kevinarood
I was able to get the local list of remote branches up to date using this git command:

git remote prune origin

Which removes the "stale" branches that have been deleted.

--- In [hidden email], "kevinarood" <kevinarood@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've run into an issue where when we delete remote Git branches, the local list of branches is never updated in SmartGit.  Maybe I'm missing something, how can I make sure that the local list of branches is the same as the remote branches?
>
> We're using GitHub.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Re: Update list of remote branches

SmartGit always shows all locally existing branches. If you delete a remote
branch from repository A, repository B (both cloned from the same remote
repository) does not know about it. Just delete the remote branch in
repository B, too.

"kevinarood" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've run into an issue where when we delete remote Git branches, the local
> list of branches is never updated in SmartGit.  Maybe I'm missing something,
> how can I make sure that the local list of branches is the same as the remote
> branches?
>
> We're using GitHub.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Re: Update list of remote branches

kevinarood
Thanks for your reply Thomas.  I would suggest that there be a feature to perform "git remote prune xyz" from inside the app itself then.

--- In [hidden email], syntevo Support <smartgit@...> wrote:

> SmartGit always shows all locally existing branches. If you delete a remote
> branch from repository A, repository B (both cloned from the same remote
> repository) does not know about it. Just delete the remote branch in
> repository B, too.

> "kevinarood" <kevinarood@...> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've run into an issue where when we delete remote Git branches, the local
> > list of branches is never updated in SmartGit.  Maybe I'm missing something,
> > how can I make sure that the local list of branches is the same as the remote
> > branches?
> >
> > We're using GitHub.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kevin

Re: Update list of remote branches

syntevo Support
We'll provide this functionality in version 2.