Using SmartGit for open office files (odt or fodt)

Using SmartGit for open office files (odt or fodt)

SmartGit mailing list
Hello,

we are using SmartGit for OpenOffice documents.

Is there a way to run a filter over the .odt file before it is
displayed, especially for the diffs?

You can do that easily in the console (see:
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitTips#How_to_use_git_to_track_OpenDocument_.28OpenOffice.2C_Koffice.29_files.3F

but can I achieve the same result in the GUI of
SmartGit?

Best regards:

Uwe Fechner

Uwe Fechner, M.Sc.
Delft University of Technology
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering/ Wind Energy
Kluyverweg 1,
2629 HS Delft, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-15-27-88902

Re: Using SmartGit for open office files (odt or fodt)

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Uwe,

Of course you can use SmartGit to manage or open OpenOffice files, but

> Is there a way to run a filter over the .odt file before it is
> displayed, especially for the diffs?

that's not possible.

01/07/2015 14:50 - Uwe Fechner [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are using SmartGit for OpenOffice documents.
>
> Is there a way to run a filter over the .odt file before it is
> displayed, especially for the diffs?
>
> You can do that easily in the console (see:
> https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitTips#How_to_use_git_to_track_OpenDocument_.28OpenOffice.2C_Koffice.29_files.3F
>
> but can I achieve the same result in the GUI of
> SmartGit?
>
> Best regards:
>
> Uwe Fechner

> Uwe Fechner, M.Sc.
> Delft University of Technology
> Faculty of Aerospace Engineering/ Wind Energy
> Kluyverweg 1,
> 2629 HS Delft, The Netherlands
> Phone: +31-15-27-88902

Re: Using SmartGit for open office files (odt or fodt)

SmartGit mailing list
Ok, if this is not yet possible, please make a note of it as feature
request.

I think many people would benefit from the option to do a proper diff
on OpenOffice files from within SmartGit. It could be a nice selling point
and is probably not very difficult to implement.

Best regards:

Uwe Fechner

Am 07.01.2015 um 16:48 schrieb syntevo Support [hidden email]
[smartgit]:

Phone: +31-15-27-88902

Re: Using SmartGit for open office files (odt or fodt)

SmartGit mailing list
It sounds like a good idea, so I added it to our internal issue tracker.