Using SmartGit with Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence

Using SmartGit with Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence

jprateragg
One of our team members is in charge of writing SSRS reports for our organization. We wanted to divide this task up among two people instead of one. We would like to maintain a repository of the reports so each person has the most up-to-date reports. Does SmartGit work well with Visual Studio projects? Is there anything we should know before we start tracking these projects with SmartGit? Thanks!

Re: Using SmartGit with Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence

SmartGit mailing list
I can't remember any user reporting any problems with Visual Studio projects. We don't have experience with Visual Studio ourselves.

12/13/2014 03:00 - jprateragg [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:

> One of our team members is in charge of writing SSRS reports for our
> organization. We wanted to divide this task up among two people instead of
> one. We would like to maintain a repository of the reports so each person
> has the most up-to-date reports. Does SmartGit work well with Visual Studio
> projects? Is there anything we should know before we start tracking these
> projects with SmartGit? Thanks!

Re: Using SmartGit with Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence

SmartGit mailing list
I dont know what SSRS reports are, but the visual studio project files
themselves (.sln, .vcxproj, .prop, etc) are text/xlm files which are
handled just fine.

Best,
Dee

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM, syntevo Support [hidden email]
[smartgit] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't remember any user reporting any problems with Visual Studio
> projects. We don't have experience with Visual Studio ourselves.

> 12/13/2014 03:00 - jprateragg [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:
>
> > One of our team members is in charge of writing SSRS reports for our
> > organization. We wanted to divide this task up among two people instead
> of
> > one. We would like to maintain a repository of the reports so each person
> > has the most up-to-date reports. Does SmartGit work well with Visual
> Studio
> > projects? Is there anything we should know before we start tracking these
> > projects with SmartGit? Thanks!

Re: Using SmartGit with Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence

I have not used SSRS (Reporting) specifically with Git (or SmartGit), but
SSIS (Integration) is extremely similar and has no problems.

Moshe

--
Moshe Katz
-- [hidden email]

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 9:00 PM, jprateragg [hidden email]
[smartgit] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of our team members is in charge of writing SSRS reports for our
> organization. We wanted to divide this task up among two people instead of
> one. We would like to maintain a repository of the reports so each person
> has the most up-to-date reports. Does SmartGit work well with Visual Studio
> projects? Is there anything we should know before we start tracking these
> projects with SmartGit? Thanks!

> Posted by: jprateragg <[hidden email]>

> Yahoo Groups Links

Re: Using SmartGit with Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence

jprateragg
Awesome--thanks for the replies everyone! I'll start using SmartGit with this and I'll let you know if I have any problems. Thanks for the feedback!