Wishlist / Enhancements

apex_olsene
1)
I need to go to the console to create a bare clone.
Would be nice if it could be done from within smartgit.
I had a working repo and wanted to make a repo on a shared dir. on the nas.
The --bare option is needed to create the repo on the shared dir so i can push to it.
without the --bare the push yields an error.

2)
Another thing that would nice to see in smartgit is in the log window.
In the context menu in de log, a menuitem to export a snapshot to a tar or zipfile or just make a snapshot copy to another directory.
( git archive -o repo.tar nameofthetag  or git archive -o repo.tar commitid)

3)
When selecting multiple  changed files for commit, it would be nice to have them committed as separate commits,but with the same comment. This makes it easier to view the changes in the log while at the sime time speeding up commits.

4)
( Linux ) ability to change file permissions.

5)
I tested a push to bitbucket with succes.

6)
Don't know if this is a stupid request ; editing the commit comment if this is possible ?

7)
Create patches (feature as in gitk )

Don't shoot me if i asked stupid questions :)

Re: Wishlist / Enhancements

euroquigs
> 6)
> Don't know if this is a stupid request ; editing the commit comment if this is possible ?

Not a stupid request... this is an extremely common scenario in git, and SmartGit is the only client I know of (I've tried about ten) that doesn't have this functionality.

On Dec 6, 2011, at 5:06 AM, apex_olsene wrote:

> 1)
> I need to go to the console to create a bare clone.
> Would be nice if it could be done from within smartgit.
> I had a working repo and wanted to make a repo on a shared dir. on the nas.
> The --bare option is needed to create the repo on the shared dir so i can push to it.
> without the --bare the push yields an error.
>
> 2)
> Another thing that would nice to see in smartgit is in the log window.
> In the context menu in de log, a menuitem to export a snapshot to a tar or zipfile or just make a snapshot copy to another directory.
> ( git archive -o repo.tar nameofthetag or git archive -o repo.tar commitid)
>
> 3)
> When selecting multiple changed files for commit, it would be nice to have them committed as separate commits,but with the same comment. This makes it easier to view the changes in the log while at the sime time speeding up commits.
>
> 4)
> ( Linux ) ability to change file permissions.
>
> 5)
> I tested a push to bitbucket with succes.
>
> 7)
> Create patches (feature as in gitk )
>
> Don't shoot me if i asked stupid questions :)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Wishlist / Enhancements

> 1)
> I need to go to the console to create a bare clone.
> Would be nice if it could be done from within smartgit.
> I had a working repo and wanted to make a repo on a shared dir. on the nas.
> The --bare option is needed to create the repo on the shared dir so i can push
> to it.
> without the --bare the push yields an error.

Bare repositories are usually used on the server-side, so I don't think that option should be supported by SmartGit. It would possibly create confusion and power users (like you seem to be) will know how to do it on the command line anyway.

> 2)
> Another thing that would nice to see in smartgit is in the log window.
> In the context menu in de log, a menuitem to export a snapshot to a tar or zipfile
> or just make a snapshot copy to another directory.
> ( git archive -o repo.tar nameofthetag  or git archive -o repo.tar commitid)

This is on our RFE list.

> 3)
> When selecting multiple  changed files for commit, it would be nice to have them
> committed as separate commits,but with the same comment. This makes it easier to
> view the changes in the log while at the sime time speeding up commits.

A commit should represent one "logical" change, which usually consists of changes to multiple files. Splitting such a commit up may result in inconsistent repository states (e.g. compilation could be broken) and it creates unnecessary "noise" in the log.

> 4)
> ( Linux ) ability to change file permissions.

This is not in the scope of SmartGit.

> 6)
> Don't know if this is a stupid request ; editing the commit comment if this is
> possible ?

This will be possible with SmartGit 3. It's already implemented for the latest early access builds:

http://www.syntevo.com/smartgit/early-access.html

> 7)
> Create patches (feature as in gitk )

Is on the RFE list.

12/06/2011 20:20 - apex_olsene wrote:

> 1)
> I need to go to the console to create a bare clone.
> Would be nice if it could be done from within smartgit.
> I had a working repo and wanted to make a repo on a shared dir. on the nas.
> The --bare option is needed to create the repo on the shared dir so i can push to
> it.
> without the --bare the push yields an error.
>
> 2)
> Another thing that would nice to see in smartgit is in the log window.
> In the context menu in de log, a menuitem to export a snapshot to a tar or zipfile
> or just make a snapshot copy to another directory.
> ( git archive -o repo.tar nameofthetag  or git archive -o repo.tar commitid)
>
> 3)
> When selecting multiple  changed files for commit, it would be nice to have them
> committed as separate commits,but with the same comment. This makes it easier to
> view the changes in the log while at the sime time speeding up commits.
>
> 4)
> ( Linux ) ability to change file permissions.
>

> 5)
> I tested a push to bitbucket with succes.
>
> 6)
> Don't know if this is a stupid request ; editing the commit comment if this is
> possible ?
>
> 7)
> Create patches (feature as in gitk )
>
> Don't shoot me if i asked stupid questions :)

Re: Wishlist / Enhancements

SmartGit had an undo-commit command since ages which allowed to redo the
commit with a new commit message. The only case which did not work was if
one wanted to change the message of a merge commit. That's added in SmartGit
3 early access builds:

SmartGit mailing list
Hi, I'd add another wish, support for HTTPS for BitBucket (Instead of using SSH).

Re: Wishlist / Enhancements

SmartGit mailing list
> Hi, I'd add another wish, support for HTTPS for BitBucket (Instead of using SSH).

Thanks, added as RFE (SG-8962).

> Hi, I'd add another wish, support for HTTPS for BitBucket (Instead of using SSH).

Re: Wishlist / Enhancements

> Hi, I'd add another wish, support for HTTPS for BitBucket (Instead of using SSH).

Please use Help|Check for Latest Build to get 6.5 build 4106 and add the line

smartgit.bitbucket.useHttps=true

to smartgit.properties.

http://www.syntevo.com/blog