clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

doublem2
I'm using SmartGit 5.0.9 on Windows and pulling down a large repo (~790 MB). The clone to get the repo fails however, with this error message:

early EOF
The remote end hung up unexpectedly
index-pack failed
RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
POST git-upload-pack (gzip 5600 to 2595 bytes)
remote: Counting objects: 47
.....
remote: Counting objects: 178053, done.

The solution I've found so far (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-clonin http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloningg http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloning) says to configure git's http.postbuffer. However I'm not using git directly. How do I configure SmartGit this way?

Thanks,
Marc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

syntevo Support
Hi Marc,

> How do I configure SmartGit this way?

Please launch the "Git Bash.vbs" in the SmartGit\git directory (or right-click any existing repository in SmartGit and select the Open Git Bash menu item) and execute the mentioned command

$ git config --global http.postBuffer 524288000

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com


04/21/2014 21:40 -  wrote:

> I'm using SmartGit 5.0.9 on Windows and pulling down a large repo (~790 MB). The
> clone to get the repo fails however, with this error message:
>
> early EOF
> The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> index-pack failed
> RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
> POST git-upload-pack (gzip 5600 to 2595 bytes)
> remote: Counting objects: 47
> .....
> remote: Counting objects: 178053, done.
>
> The solution I've found so far
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-clonin
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloningg
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloning)
> says to configure git's http.postbuffer. However I'm not using git directly. How
> do I configure SmartGit this way?
>
> Thanks,
> Marc
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

doublem2
Unfortunately the fix didn't help. Can you give me any additional information what "rpc failed; result=56, http code = 200" actually means? And what I might be able to do to fix it? The Git repo resides on Bitbucket and I'm running 5.0.9 on Windows 7 64bit. I verified the repo works; I'm able to clone on Mac without any problem (also using SmartGit).
 
Thanks
Marc

---In [hidden email], <smartgit@...> wrote :

 Hi Marc,
 
 > How do I configure SmartGit this way?
 
 Please launch the "Git Bash.vbs" in the SmartGit\git directory (or right-click any existing repository in SmartGit and select the Open Git Bash menu item) and execute the mentioned command
 
 $ git config --global http.postBuffer 524288000
 
 --
 Best regards,
 Thomas Singer
 syntevo GmbH
 http://www.syntevo.com http://www.syntevo.com
 http://blog.syntevo.com http://blog.syntevo.com
 
 
 04/21/2014 21:40 - wrote:
 
 > I'm using SmartGit 5.0.9 on Windows and pulling down a large repo (~790 MB). The
 > clone to get the repo fails however, with this error message:
 >
 > early EOF
 > The remote end hung up unexpectedly
 > index-pack failed
 > RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
 > POST git-upload-pack (gzip 5600 to 2595 bytes)
 > remote: Counting objects: 47
 > .....
 > remote: Counting objects: 178053, done.
 >
 > The solution I've found so far
 > (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-clonin http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-clonin
 > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloningg http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloningg
 > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloning) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloning)
 > says to configure git's http.postbuffer. However I'm not using git directly. How
 > do I configure SmartGit this way?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Marc
 >

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

syntevo Support
> Unfortunately the fix didn't help. Can you give me any additional information what
> "rpc failed; result=56, http code = 200" actually means?

Unfortunately, I don't know about this error. Seems to come from Git. What happens when you try to invoke the clone command on Git command line?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com


04/23/2014 20:20 -  wrote:

> Unfortunately the fix didn't help. Can you give me any additional information what
> "rpc failed; result=56, http code = 200" actually means? And what I might be able
> to do to fix it? The Git repo resides on Bitbucket and I'm running 5.0.9 on
> Windows 7 64bit. I verified the repo works; I'm able to clone on Mac without any
> problem (also using SmartGit).
>  
> Thanks
> Marc
>
> ---In [hidden email], <smartgit@...> wrote :
>
>  Hi Marc,
>  
>  > How do I configure SmartGit this way?
>  
>  Please launch the "Git Bash.vbs" in the SmartGit\git directory (or right-click
> any existing repository in SmartGit and select the Open Git Bash menu item) and
> execute the mentioned command
>  
>  $ git config --global http.postBuffer 524288000
>  
>  --
>  Best regards,
>  Thomas Singer
>  syntevo GmbH
>  http://www.syntevo.com http://www.syntevo.com
>  http://blog.syntevo.com http://blog.syntevo.com
>  
>  
>  04/21/2014 21:40 - wrote:
>  
>  > I'm using SmartGit 5.0.9 on Windows and pulling down a large repo (~790 MB).
> The
>  > clone to get the repo fails however, with this error message:
>  >
>  > early EOF
>  > The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>  > index-pack failed
>  > RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
>  > POST git-upload-pack (gzip 5600 to 2595 bytes)
>  > remote: Counting objects: 47
>  > .....
>  > remote: Counting objects: 178053, done.
>  >
>  > The solution I've found so far
>  > (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-clonin
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-clonin
>  > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloningg
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloningg
>  > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloning)
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6842687/the-remote-end-hung-up-unexpectedly-while-git-cloning)
>  > says to configure git's http.postbuffer. However I'm not using git directly.
> How
>  > do I configure SmartGit this way?
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  > Marc
>  >
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

doublem2
Tried it four times and got the same error code three of them:

$ git clone https://Marc https://MarcMondesir [...]
Cloning into 'SS_Test'...
Password for 'https://Marc[...]@bitbucket.org':
remote: Counting objects: 178058, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (40032/40032), done.
effrror: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200MiB | 827.00 KiB/s
atal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
atal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

The error line looks a little weird because it overwrites the progress text. But it was still result=56, http code=200. Once I got result=18, http code=200; don't know why that one was different.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

syntevo Support
So I guess it either is a problem with your network or with Git for your repository. Could you please try from command line using a different machine and/or a different network?

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
syntevo GmbH
http://www.syntevo.com
http://blog.syntevo.com


04/24/2014 01:00 -  wrote:

> Tried it four times and got the same error code three of them:
>
> $ git clone https://Marc https://MarcMondesir [...]
> Cloning into 'SS_Test'...
> Password for 'https://Marc[...]@bitbucket.org':
> remote: Counting objects: 178058, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (40032/40032), done.
> effrror: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200MiB | 827.00 KiB/s
> atal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> atal: early EOF
> fatal: index-pack failed
>
> The error line looks a little weird because it overwrites the progress text. But
> it was still result=56, http code=200. Once I got result=18, http code=200; don't
> know why that one was different.
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: clone fails: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200

doublem2
So it turns out the problem was a network setting for my Windows VM. Changing the network config from "bridged wi-fi" to "shared IP address" allowed it to complete. I think during the receive of a large item (always the same one) the Git connection would just terminate. /facepalm

 Thanks for the help troubleshooting.
 -Marc Mondesir