dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk

SmartGit mailing list
After not using SmartGit for a few months, (previously used it for several years on a multi-year project hosted on SourceForge), I updated the software today on my Mac (now running SmartGit 6.5.3 on OSX 10.8.5) I find that my first few commands are failing (see below).

 I'm at a loss at what to do to fix this. I've updated the XCode command line utils which are also installed on my machine (this was the recommended approach to fix the problem, since Git is installed with that), but SmartGit is set to use the git version installed with Smartgit.

 Any help is appreciated. I'm stuck and know few git commands myself on the command line. I rely greatly on SG and would love to continue using it....

 Pull (Rebase)
 $ git fetch --progress --prune origin
 dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 Could not update branch states (green and red arrows) due to: ls-remote failed (return code 133)
 fetch failed (return code 133)
 Stage: add failed (return code 133)
 $ git add --force -- code/build.xml
 dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
  Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git

  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Re: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk

SmartGit mailing list
What happens if you select to use your system's Git executable in the SmartGit preferences? Does the command invocation works in the terminal?

> After not using SmartGit for a few months, (previously used it for several years
> on a multi-year project hosted on SourceForge), I updated the software today on my
> Mac (now running SmartGit 6.5.3 on OSX 10.8.5) I find that my first few commands
> are failing (see below).
>

>  I'm at a loss at what to do to fix this. I've updated the XCode command line
> utils which are also installed on my machine (this was the recommended approach to
> fix the problem, since Git is installed with that), but SmartGit is set to use the
> git version installed with Smartgit.
>

>  Any help is appreciated. I'm stuck and know few git commands myself on the
> command line. I rely greatly on SG and would love to continue using it....
>

>  Pull (Rebase)
>  $ git fetch --progress --prune origin
>  dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
>   Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>  dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
>   Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>  Could not update branch states (green and red arrows) due to: ls-remote failed
> (return code 133)
>  fetch failed (return code 133)
>  Stage: add failed (return code 133)
>  $ git add --force -- code/build.xml
>  dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
>   Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>  dyld: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk
>   Referenced from: /Applications/SmartGit.app/Contents/Resources/git/bin/git
>
>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Re: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ___strlcpy_chk

SmartGit mailing list
I changed the path in SmartGit from the SG provided git to /usr/bin/git
(apparently provided from Apple XCode command line tools [git version
1.8.5.2 (Apple Git-48)] and a stage, commit, and push all worked well. I'll
be using SG this morning and will report back if there are other issues.

This seemed to solve the problem. Not sure what is up with the git bundled
with SG.

--
Peter J. DePasquale, Ph.D.
Department of Computer Science