fatal: could not read ".gitcommit.txt": No such file or directory

fatal: could not read ".gitcommit.txt": No such file or directory

rockfruit

I sometimes use smartgit to manage situations of intermediate complexity in a repository.  For the most part, I am a command-line user, and I enjoy the curses interface 'tig' very much.  When I have been using smartgit, and perhaps submitted a commit or two, and then revert to my normal finger-memory git/tig routine, I often receive the following message:

fatal: could not read '/home/campbell/.gitcommit.txt': No such file or directory

I wonder if anyone could tell me if this has anything to do with smartgit becoming part of my routine?

Thanks, and thanks also to the syntevo team for an amazing tool.
Which I intend fully to use more as time marches on.