.gitignore and missing files.

g4@novadsp.com
Apologies for continually pestering the list with this issue. Using SG 3
EA 5a Win7x64U. Using msys git:

$ git add filesystem.h
The following paths are ignored by one of your .gitignore files:
include
Use -f if you really want to add them.
fatal: no files added

Now I've grepped all .gitignore files starting from the project root
folder. Does GIT use any other location for .gitignore files?
Alternatively is there any way to see what files/directories GIT thinks
it is supposed to ignore?

Not really an SG issue I know but any help greatly appreciated.

ATB

Jerry

Re: .gitignore and missing files.

Ben Vesco
This page <http://help.github.com/ignore-files/> explains a global
gitignore file.

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 8:41 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> Apologies for continually pestering the list with this issue. Using SG 3
> EA 5a Win7x64U. Using msys git:
>
> $ git add filesystem.h
> The following paths are ignored by one of your .gitignore files:
> include
> Use -f if you really want to add them.
> fatal: no files added
>
> Now I've grepped all .gitignore files starting from the project root
> folder. Does GIT use any other location for .gitignore files?
> Alternatively is there any way to see what files/directories GIT thinks
> it is supposed to ignore?
>
> Not really an SG issue I know but any help greatly appreciated.
>
> ATB
>
> Jerry

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional