how do I just destroy what I was working on, on my machine?

how do I just destroy what I was working on, on my machine?

SmartGit mailing list
I have used every other form of version control software....but stashes and branches are messing me up, and the people who reccomended the software to deal with the git repository I need to work with are all on Mac and have no idea how Smart Git works.

I just need to get what is on the server and a regular pull isn't doing it for me...and I do not want to merge.

help?

Re: how do I just destroy what I was working on, on my machine?

SmartGit mailing list
Hi Eric,

We only may help you if you exactly describe what you have done, what you have expected SmartGit to do and what actually happened.

On 2015-01-29 20:28, [hidden email] [smartgit] wrote:
> I just need to get what is on the server and a regular pull isn't
> doing it for me...and I do not want to merge. help?

That means your are developing (making commits) in a remote tracking
branch. Don't do that if you work with other developers on the same
project. Instead create a local branch and add your commits in there. A
git pull (or git fetch) will then work just fine and no merges will
occur. When you are ready to share your work, create a set of patch
files, or push your local branch to a public repository like GitHub, or
if you have write access to 'origin' then merge your local branch into
say 'master' and then push that.

If the remote server is named 'origin' and you are currently in the
'master' branch, the following will let you discard your local changes
and get the latest from the remote server.  NOTE: This will get rid of
your local commits.

  git reset --hard origin/master
  git pull origin

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/

Re: how do I just destroy what I was working on, on my machine?

If you just want to discard you local changes do this.

1. Select modified files. Or missing in case you want to get back deleted
files.
2. Hit discard button at the toolbar. Done :)

Regards
Roland