installing SmartGit 6.5: "SmartGit has been started in elevated mode"

installing SmartGit 6.5: "SmartGit has been started in elevated mode"

NelisW
Dear SmartGit List

Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit PC

Java 1.6.0_26, JRE 1.6.0_26-b03, 64-Bit Server VN build 20.1-b02, mixed mode

Upgrading from SmartGit 6.06.

Version 6.5 with JRE gives me the startup message that "SmartGit has been started in elevated mode", and then quits.

Uninstalling all previous versions and re-installing 6.5 produced the same effect.

Re-installing the non-JRE version (6.06) works perfectly, it also remembered my previous projects.

It appears that uninstalling does not clean up all history etc.

I am not a Java developer and have no idea what elevated mode is, or how to resolve this.

Please advise

thanks in advance

nelis